Windows of light in your town or village
Just like we did with rainbows but this time the theme is light.
Encourage church members to decorate a window in their home, using a few leftover Christmas lights, on the theme.
Have you got any pictures to inspire us?
Yes. Ely (in East Anglia) did a whole Ely Winter Wanderland trail with a downloadable map and illuminated windows in October. Have a look at their website here.
And Ely Stained Glass Museum has a downloadable guide about how to do a tissue paper stained glass window. Click here.
Could we do a window in our church as well?
Yes! That’s a great idea.
Could we get our whole town involved?
Yes, of course.
You can create a whole town initiative for every one to get involved.
Here’re some ideas to get the word out…
- Invite other churches to join in
- Create an info letter to circulate
- Add something to your website with info
- Speak to your local schools
- Ask local pubs to get involved
- Put lots of information on social media
- Speak to any community groups your town has
- Ask shops on your high street
- Create a map for people to download and do a light window trail
Posters to print for your windows
If you’d like a graphic to use for an A2 poster click here.
Otherwise click on the posters below for a graphic to print in A4.
If you can’t print at home or want to order posters you can use an online company like Instant Print or Vista Print